Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Wow! What a whirlwind weekend!

Friday night Stacey and I shot our first vineyard wedding out in Temecula's wine country.
The setting was Lake Oak Meadows and it was absolutely gorgeous. If you are in the area and planning a wedding, it is definitely worth a look.
Saturday turned into a birthday gift making event. I have been wanting to freshen up on my applique attempts. I had a hard time in the past because I bought the wrong type of adhesive. Wow, what a difference the right kind of double stick adhesive makes! This time I bought the Press 'N' Steam adhesive for $4.50 a yard, and it was worth every penny.

I made 3 dish towels for Trey's Granny, she lives in Texas so I went with a patriotic theme.
Here's what I came up with.
I loved the cupcake so much that I made 2 shirts for Sunday's birthday party. Charlie turned 4 on Sunday, and I didn't want to show up empty handed since the birthday present we got her was something we couldn't put in a gift bag. I made her shirt, showed Nellie and she said,
"Mom do you have time to make one for me?"
Of course I do, I need the practice after all.
Charlie with her Birthday crown made by Jaime.
I think Nellie really liked her shirt, she never asks me to take her picture, but she was really excited to pose for me in her cupcake shirt.

I think the shirts made great party shirts for the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment