Monday, August 2, 2010

Hanging Junk Garden how-to


My mom bought this little gem on one of the many 'treasure hunts' her and my dad have been on. Such a fun and simple idea, I had to make a few more. Luckily for me, she also picked up tons of containers to turn into hanging pots... and this is how I did it:

Grab wire cutter, needlenose pliers, wire, beads, buttons, anything else you can think of to thread, and a container.

I had my main man drill some holes into the container. A few on the bottom for drainage , and 3 around the lip of the container to thread the wire through.

Loop the wire through the holes and twist a few times.

Start threading the 'flare' onto the wire. I stole some of Charlie's plastic beads, used buttons, and some of the glass beads I had in my collection. I prefer more 'see-through' beads, they really shimmer in the sun.

Thread all 3 wires to the same length and do a twist with the wires at the bead ends. Then I just made a loop to hang and finished with more twisting.
... and here she is.

I had lots of succulents standing by from my favorite nursery.



I got around to doing three pots. I love the fuchsia plant, and my mother will be the proud owner of the hanging cup o' pearls.

I've also been working on more appliques for boys, other than ties. Don't get me wrong, I love the ties, but we wanted to spice it up a bit.

Introducing.... el luchador



I made 3 of these bad boys and delivered them to Sweet N' Sassy last week. Cooper made a special order for one, and then I have a few more ideas for boys appliques to get to. Guess I better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment