Monday, June 14, 2010

First time for everything...


Today I attempted my first ever applique. Cooper has flag day tomorrow and he asked me to make him something, since I made Nellie something for her flag day today. I can do girlie, not so sure about the boy thing. He decided on a cannon, not the easiest shape to start out with! But I think I made it good enough to make it through lunch time.
I also finished an order today, I hope she likes it. It was fun to do and I love the colors. I have one too many holes in my finger tips from layering the buttons and hand sewing them on. But I think it was worth it.
I think these are my favorite flowers to make. They are time consuming, but well worth the extra effort in the end. If you are going to add them to a shirt, make a larger version, it is easier to sew them on if they are bigger. I use a smaller version for head bands. I found the tutorial for them at kindawonderful.typepad.com. She attempted to make 31 different flowers in 31 days.

I know Jaime is sewing away at this very minute, hopefully she will share her "goods" soon. I hear it is something 4th of July inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment